Quicken your healing time, boost your immune system, promote healthy aging, optimize your overall health and wellness, and more through red light therapy available at our office.
Red Light therapy naturally stimulates your body’s own production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), a key element in cellular regeneration, rejuvenation, and optimal health and wellness.
Potential Benefits of Red Light Therapy:
- Stimulates the body’s natural healing and regeneration processes
- Helps improve appearance, performance, and overall well-being
- Boosts immune function
- Speeds up recovery and healing
- Improves skin health for a more youthful complexion and even skin tone
- Can improve hair growth
- Boosts cellular health
- Promotes anti-aging
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flow, and detoxification
- Reduces recovery time, accelerating muscle repair
- Reduces inflammation, helping joint pain, sore muscles, arthritis, and autoimmune diseases symptoms
- Reduces pain
- Enhances fertility by increasing testosterone production
What is Red Light Therapy?
All light falls along a spectrum of wavelengths. Red and Infrared Light that falls within a wavelength range of 630-850 nanometers (nm) is generally referred to as the therapeutic or healing window.
Red and Infrared Light Therapy emits light wavelengths through the skin to stimulate your body’s natural healing and regeneration processes. Optimal wavelengths of 630 to 680 nanometers penetrate deep into your skin and travel into your cells to your mitochondria, where the red light therapy works its magic (aka where ATP production occurs) without the negative impacts that too much UVA and UVB light rays can cause.
Red Light Therapy For Mental Acuity
Mental acuity tends to decline naturally as you age (or, should we say, as your brain ages). This leads to brain fog, poor memory, and difficulty focusing. Red Light therapy can improve brain health by providing beneficial wavelengths to regulate the circadian rhythm, promote ATP production, and stimulate circulating stem cells.
To reap the most brain benefits, red light doesn’t have to penetrate your skull. While it increases ATP production, as stated above, red light therapy also stimulates stem cells flowing throughout your circulatory and mitochondrial regions, sending them throughout the body and brain to help treat the areas of your body that need it most.
Numerous clinical trials also show how red light therapy can improve mental health, recovery from traumatic brain injury and strokes, and treat neurodegenerative disorders.
Are there any drawbacks of Red Light Therapy?
Unlike tanning booths, Red Light Therapy uses very low levels of heat that do not hurt or burn the skin and won’t expose your skin to damaging UV rays. It does quite the opposite!
How Red Light Works
When you’re stressed out or ill, nitric oxide damage can stop your cell’s production of ATP (the powerhouse of your cells). If your cells don’t have enough energy, they can’t carry out their functions properly, leaving you feeling fatigued and experiencing suboptimal wellness.
This is where red light therapy comes into play. Red and near-infrared light can protect your body’s cells from nitric oxide, stimulating ATP production. The photons in redlight minimize the absorption of nitric oxide, allowing your cells to continue utilizing oxygen effectively, which benefits biological effects like supporting blood flow and reducing inflammation and pain.
Only red light therapy can penetrate your skin and body, reaching all the way into a cell’s mitochondria (where ATP production occurs). This red light stimulates healing and regeneration to help improve your skin’s appearance, athletic performance, and overall well-being.
What to Expect at in2GREAT
- Red Light therapy is a painless and relaxing service that takes as little as 10 minutes. When you use this therapy 3-5 times/ week, you’ll reap the most benefits.
- Before your Red Light Therapy appointment, you’ll fill out a simple form and head back to our private room, where a team member will get the machine started for you and then give you privacy.
- During Red Light therapy, patients usually remove their shirts, stay in their undergarments, or change into a robe so that their skin can soak up the maximum amount of light during their session.
- You can expect to feel a light warmth on your body during this therapy session while the light shines on your skin. You can wear sunglasses or simply close your eyes and relax, knowing the red light is improving your cellular health and well-being as you stand there.
- To experience the best results, use red light therapy consistently and for the recommended time suggested by your healthcare provider.