Currently, we are the only practice in the Midwest offering Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) to patients.
We’re very excited about this therapy and how it can help our patients!
SOT is an individualized therapy that is used to help treat chronic infections like Lyme, co-infections, and viruses like Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), Herpes simplex virus (HSV), Varicella, and cancers.
Potential Benefits of Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy:
- Effective against Viruses, Bacteria, Cancer, and Pathogens – like:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- HSV 1&2
- Eucocytis meeki virus (EMV)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Lyme (Borrelia)
- Best used as a cancer treatment during remission – to make sure there are no residual cancer cells we utilize very sensitive testing looking for any Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs)
- Prevents disease recurrence
- Allows your body’s immune system an opportunity to recover and appropriately begin controlling the infection
What is SOT?
SOT stands for Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy. It uses specialized gene sequences to disrupt cell replication of the specific infection inside your body, so the viruses, bacteria, cancer, and pathogens can no longer grow and spread in the body.
SOT for Virus, Bacteria, or Pathogen Treatment
SOT involves an injection of a molecule that is an exact match to the specific gene sequence of the viruses, bacteria, or pathogens in your body (also known as an antiserum). This antiserum has the potential to alter protein synthesis, blocking the virus, bacteria, or pathogen’s genetic expression that controls its replication process. (Note: It does not change your DNA, it simply provides a short-term change in the way the pathogen DNA is being expressed)
One way to think of this is as a “lock” and “key.” Each SOT is tailored to a patient’s cancer, virus, or infection and works by creating a shutoff “key.” This “key” will then fit into a specific “lock” portion of a pathogen or cancer cell.
Within 6 months of being unable to replicate, the infection will dwindle and die off, relieving you of cellular dysfunction and symptoms.
SOT for Cancer Treatment
For cancer treatment, SOT therapy targets protein synthesis and promotes apoptosis (cell death) to destroy cancer tumors and cancer stem cells. Even if you’re in remission, we utilize very sensitive testing which looks for any Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) to make sure there are no residual cancer cells. *SOT cannot be used for all cancers. For example, SOT cannot be used for brain tumors or encapsulates tumors of the central nervous system, due to a lack of circulating tumor cells in the blood. SOT also shouldn’t be used with high-risk tumors. Please contact us to see which types of cancers SOT can be used with.
Of cancer patients using SOT saw an improvement in their clinical condition and a reduction in their circulating tumor cells.
How it works is that an exact and personalized antiserum is created based on your specific strain of infection, cancer, or virus by analyzing your blood via a blood draw and PCR analysis. At the lab, a personalized IV infusion will be designed with your antiserum and sent back to our office to be administered.
This antiserum will stay in your system for about 6 months. During this time, the antiserum will act as a blocking agent, so the pathogen can’t replicate and will die off.
What to Expect: Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) at In2GREAT
- You will sit down with one of our team members and discuss in detail how this individualized therapy works and if it’s a good option for you. We will review your medical history, including test results and imaging reports, and will order additional testing to determine if you are a good candidate for SOT.
- Specific diagnostic tests are required before you can start SOT. You will first need a positive infectious test result within a certain time frame, depending on your health status.
- You will then have your blood drawn by one of our providers, and it will be sent off to the lab to create your personalized antiserum via infusion. You can expect a 3-week turnaround time to get the personalized infusion back in our office from the lab in Greece.
- After 3 weeks, we will schedule a time for you to get the IV infusion. This is a single IV and will take about 1 hour.
- We’ll schedule a follow-up for a check-in. At around the 3-month mark, we will draw labs to re-assess if the SOT therapy is beginning to work.
- Around this time, you’ll take a biofilm disruptor and binders, allowing the therapy to reach those more challenging to treat hidden viruses, pathogens, or bacteria.
SOT works 24/7 and has no decreased efficacy and remains active in the bloodstream for approx 6 months per dose. At that time, we will review your results and health status and take the next necessary steps forward.
Keep in mind that SOT will not be performed alone. We also recommend additional lab testing and functional medicine care in combination with SOT.
The best news is that you don’t have to travel hundreds of miles to get your hands on SOT.
You can now receive SOT in Kansas City, here at in2GREAT, with our caring and trusted team of providers.